Yield: 2 1/2 quarts
- 1/3 cup cooking oil
- 3 or 4 dried chilies
- 1 large clove garlic, cut into quarters
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1/3 cup unpopped popcorn
- 3 tablespoons hot oil
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Place cooking oil, chilies, garlic and cumin seed in a small saucepan.
- Cook over low heat for 3 minutes; let stand 10 minutes.
- Use 3 tablespoons of seasoned oil for popping corn; reserve the rest.
- This makes about 2 1/2 quarts popped popcorn. Pour remaining oil over popped popcorn, tossing to coat.
- Mix Parmesan cheese, paprika and salt.
- Sprinkle over popped popcorn, tossing to mix.
A larger amount of hot oil may be made and stored for future use.