Popcorn Con Pesto
Yield: 5 quarts
- 5 quarts popped popcorn
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 tablespoon dried basil leaves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley, crushed
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup pine nuts (optional)
- Put popped popcorn in a large bowl and keep warm.
- In small saucepan, melt the butter; add basil, parsley, garlic, Parmesan cheese and nuts.
- Stir to blend.
- Pour over popped popcorn, stirring well.
Dried thyme or oregano, or combination of ingredients, may be used in place of basil.