Sea Salt Caramel Popcorn
Yield: 3 quarts
Quick & Personal Holiday Gifts
A sprinkling of coarse sea salt gives this caramel corn a flavor boost.
- 2 quarts popped popcorn
- 1 1/2 cups pecan halves
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1 1/3 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- Line a large, rimmed baking pan (17x12-inch) with foil and spray lightly with cooking spray; set aside.
- Spray a large bowl (not plastic) with cooking spray and place popcorn and nuts inside.
- In a medium saucepan, combine granulated sugar, butter and corn syrup.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Clip on a candy thermometer and boil, stirring occasionally, until temperature reaches 290 degrees F. (about 15 minutes).
- Remove candy thermometer and stir in vanilla.
- Pour mixture over popcorn and stir to coat well.
- Spread popcorn mixture in an even layer into prepared baking pan.
- Sprinkle with sea salt and allow to cool completely before breaking into pieces to serve.
Store in an airtight container.
Preparation time: 25 minutes
Clean-up tip: Soak saucepan before cleaning.