Cocoa Popcorn Crunch
Yield: About 6 quarts
- 3 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon glycerin, optional (available at drug stores)
- 6 quarts popped popcorn
- Place popcorn in a large bowl that has been sprayed with cooking spray; set aside. Line a baking sheet or work surface with waxed paper or foil.
- Stir sugar, cocoa, milk and vanilla together in a medium saucepan. Cook, stirring occasionally, until mixture registers 250º F on a candy thermometer.
- Stir in glycerin, if desired, and pour hot mixture over popcorn.
- Stir to coat popcorn completely.
- Spread popcorn onto prepared surface and allow to completely. Break into pieces to serve.
- Store in an airtight container.
Popcorn will have more sheen with the addition of glycerin.