Glazed Lemon and Poppy Seed Popcorn
Yield: 4 quarts
- 4 quarts unbuttered and unsalted popcorn (air popped)
- 1 egg white
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon extract
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper (or foil sprayed with cooking spray). Spread popcorn onto prepared baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, whisk together egg white, sugar, salt and lemon extract until foamy. Pour over popcorn and toss to coat evenly.
- Bake 20 minutes, stirring once midway through baking time. Cool completely before storing in an airtight container.
The use of egg white helps the flavors adhere to the popcorn, without adding fat through the more traditional use of oils.