Halloween Jack-O-Lantern Popcorn Balls
Yield: 8 balls (4-inch)
- 3 quarts popped popcorn
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter or margarine
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows
- 3 tablespoons (1/2 of a 3-ounce box) orange gelatin dessert mix
- Candy corn, jellybeans and sour green apple candy sticks, licorice string, dried fruit, etc.
- Spray a large mixing bowl lightly with cooking spray and place popcorn inside.
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Stir in marshmallows and gelatin dessert powder until marshmallows are melted and mixture is smooth. Pour over popcorn and mix well until coated.
- Spray hands with cooking spray and press firmly to form into balls. Place balls on wax paper. Press candy decorations into balls to form eyes, a stem and a Jack-O-Lantern grin. Serve immediately or wrap individually in plastic wrap for storage. Add a ribbon tie to plastic wrap as a decorative closure.
Clean-up tip: Soak saucepan before cleaning.