Pad Thai Popcorn
Yield: 9 Cups
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 tsp sriracha hot sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 8 cups popped popcorn
- 2 cups unsalted roasted peanuts
- 1 tbsp freshly grated lime zest
- Shredded coconut (optional)
- Preheat oven to 300?F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Melt butter in medium saucepan set over medium heat. Add brown sugar, lime juice, hot sauce and salt. Bring to a boil, swirling pan to combine. Once brown sugar has dissolved, boil for 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in baking soda.
- Toss caramel with popcorn, peanuts, lime zest and shredded coconut (if using). Spread evenly on the prepared pans. Bake, stirring occasionally, for 18 to 20 minutes or until caramel has set. Cool completely and break into clusters.
Tip: Double the sriracha for extra heat.