Popcorn Diner Meatloaf
Yield: 6 servings
Popcorn's A-maize-ing Versatility
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Baking time: 1 hour
- 5 cups popped popcorn
- 1 1/4 pounds extra lean ground beef or turkey
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup chili sauce or ketchup
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Spray an 8x4-inch loaf pan with cooking spray; set aside.
- Process popcorn in a blender or food processor until finely ground; pour into a large bowl.
- Add ground beef, celery, onion, milk, egg, parsley, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Mix until thoroughly blended.
- Press meat mixture into pan; spread chili sauce over top.
- Bake for 1 hour, or until cooked through.
- Allow to cool 15 minutes before slicing.