Popcorn Strawberry Bars
Yield: 24 bars
It's Time for a Spring Fling: Pt. 1
It's Time for a Spring Fling: Pt 2
- 4 cups popped popcorn
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, cut into pieces
- 1 egg white
- 1 (10 oz.) jar strawberry preserves
- 1 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9" x 13" pan; set aside.
- Process flour and confectioners’ sugar in food processor several seconds. Add butter and process until dough comes together.
- Press mixture evenly into prepared pan. Lightly brush egg white on top of the mixture. Bake 25 minutes, or until golden.
- Immediately spread preserves evenly over warm crust. Press popcorn into preserves; let cool.
- Melt chocolate chips in small zip lock freezer bag. Heat in microwave 30 seconds, or until melted.
- Snip corner of bag and drizzle chocolate over cooled popcorn.
- Cool and cut into bars.