White Chocolate Popcorn Crunch
Yield: 1 pound
Triple Treat: Popcorn Three Ways
- 5 cups popped popcorn
- 1/2 cup dried sweetened cranberries
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 12 ounces white chocolate baking chips, chopped white chocolate or white candy coating
- 1-2 tablespoons vegetable shortening
- Over a baking pan with foil or wax paper; set aside. Place popcorn, cranberries and almonds in a large bowl; set aside.
- Melt chocolate in a double boiler over barely simmering water, stirring until smooth OR melt according to package directions. (If chocolate is not smooth after melting, , stir in 1-2 tablespoons shortening until mixture is smooth and loose enough to coat popcorn.)
- Pour chocolate mixture over popcorn mixture and stir to coat.
- Spread onto prepared pan; allow to cool completely.
- When chocolate is cooled and set, break into chunks for serving.
- Store in an air-tight container at room temperature.
White Chocolate Peppermint Popcorn Crunch:
- Omit cranberries and almonds.
- Stir in 1 cup crushed hard candy peppermints after chocolate is melted.